Mon, Dec 10|
1550 Springlake Ct
Firefighter Bill of Rights
Instructed by Kevin Johnson, retired Sac PD.
Time & Location
Dec 10, 2018, 9:00 AM – Dec 14, 2018, 4:30 PM
1550 Springlake Ct, 1550 Springlake Ct, Woodland, CA 95776, USA
About the event
Do your managers and supervisors understand the California Firefighters Procedural Bill of Rights Act (FBOR) and its impact on misconduct investigations? Do your supervisors have a clear understanding of the Spiebauer case and its influence on compelled interviews? This workshop provides a comprehensive review of FBOR. Emphasis is placed on taking complex court decisions and translating them from legalese into accessible language and real-world scenarios. Subjects covered in this class include:
- When does FBOR apply and under what circumstances?
- What information must I disclose to a firefighter upon receiving a complaint about his/her conduct?
- What issues arise in regard to a firefighter’s right to representation?
- What is the role of a representative during the interview?
- What rules and stipulations apply for complaints involving possible criminal activity?
- What is the one-year time-bar rule?
- What are the rights of a firefighter to review his investigative files?
- When can I search a firefighter’s locker?
- What are the consequences of not adhering to FBOR rights?